Must Read Information & Transfer Procedures (Whitchurch Stouffville Minor Hockey Association)

PrintMust Read Information & Transfer Procedures

The Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA) is launching a video series under the ‘Respect in Hockey’ campaign to re-emphasize the importance of core OMHA values. By committing to fairness, integrity and mutual respect, these standards will continue to be held in the highest regard. In partnership with Respect Group Inc., the OMHA is releasing a ‘Respect in Hockey’ video as the next phase of an ongoing campaign. It will continue to shape the organization’s stance to grow and maintain respect in hockey and build on the Respect initiatives already launched. It is a short 3 minute video that everyone should watch.

OMHA Respect YouTube Video

            Below are some tips on helping new and returning players navigate thru the registration process.

Returning Players or new players (U9 and younger) can go directly to the Hockey Canada Registration page (HCR) to log in and register. Use the email address and password that you created when you first created your account. You can add a new player at this time as long as they are not between the ages of 9 to 19 years old. A new player not between the ages of 9 & 19 can create a new profile by using the link above. 

New players 9 - 19 years old (U10 - U21) 
that have never played hockey for any other organization before, will need to pre-register so that a profile can be created. Once this profile is created, you will be able to login and and register.

Please fill in the information on the pre registartion form, upload a copy of the birth certificate, take the "Parent Respect in Sport" online course and and familarize yourself with "Rowan's Law" so that when you are registering thru the Hockey Canada Registartion page, you can acknowledge completing the 2 courses required.


You will be notified once the profile is ready. A copy of your child's birth certificate is required to be uploaded to their HCR profile.

Birth Certificate Upload Link

Parent Respect in Sport Online Clinic. 
All players in the OMHA must have a minimum of one parent take the Parent Respect In Sport online clinic. If you are new to the OMHA then chances are you have not done this clinic. No matter how many children you have, the clinic only has to be done once. 


Rowan's Law. 
The Ontario Government has enacted Rowan’s Law (Concussion Safety), 2018, S.O. 2018, c. 1 (“Act”). Ontario Regulation 161/19, the Act requires all sport organizations as defined in the Regulation (“Sports Organization”), which includes the Ontario Hockey Federation (“OHF”), to have a Concussion Code of Conduct. This Concussion Code of Conduct must require participants, as set out in the Act, to review the Ontario Government’s issued Concussion Awareness Resources on an annual basis. Players and Team Officials will be required to review the material in person or on-line and sign the OHF Rowan’s Law Acknowledgement Form prior to being eligible to Register/participate. 

Rowan's Law Documentation Page


                                                    Players Transfering into or out of the WSMHA

Player moving into the WSMHA (OMHA) from another OHF Minor Member (GTHL/Alliance/NOHA)
Any player moving into the WSMHA will now be instructed to contact the outgoing Minor Member’s Office. For example, if a player is moving from Mississauga (GTHL) to Brampton (OMHA) they should be contacting the GTHL Office. The Minor Member’s office will then send them the New OHF Residential Transfer form. They will be instructed to send back the completed form along with the required documents listed. If approved the Minor Member will sign the form and email a copy of the signed form to the OMHA Office. The OMHA Office will initiate the transfer on HCR and update the address. Once the transfer is approved on HCR you will receive the automatic email letting you the transfer has been approved. You will now have access to this player and the family can then register. 

If you were a NRP at another organization last season, but the WSMHA is your home center, this electronic transfer form does not apply to you. You can log into the Hockey Canada Registration page and register.

Player moving from the WSMHA (OMHA) to another OHF Minor Member (GTHL/Alliance/NOHA)
Any player moving from the WSMHA will now be instructed to contact the OMHA Office ( They will be provided with the New OHF Residential Transfer form. The Parent will be instructed to complete the form and supply the required documents by email. The OMHA Office will ask the outgoing Association to verify, if possible, the move. If approved the OHF Form will be signed and sent to the new Minor Member to initiate the transfer on HCR.

Social Networking
Follow Us On
Follow Whitchurch Stouffville Minor Hockey Association on Twitter
- and -
Visit Whitchurch Stouffville Minor Hockey Association on Facebook
- and -
Follow Whitchurch Stouffville Minor Hockey Association on Instagram
Quick Links
Manage Subscriptions
Signup to receive email or text messages for the teams you want to follow.
Printed from on Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 12:16 AM