Hockey Program Resumption
While subject, as always, to mandates from the local health
unit or governmental authorities, Stouffville minor hockey programs will resume
as scheduled effective January 2, 2022. Below are the protocols and
policies currently in place as it relates to Covid:
If someone on a team tests positive
- Parent should notify coach or manager immediately.
- Coach or manager must immediately notify [email protected]
- Director of Risk Management will file report with YSMHL/ OMHA; public health unit will be advised.
- Team must pause all hockey activities for 10 days- no games or practices- unless otherwise advised.
- Opposing team may be required to pause as well if direct contact.
- Public health unit will issue letter to team members with current quarantine/testing protocols.
- If team fails to comply with above, team and/or team officials could be sanctioned.
Affiliated or Non-rostered Players
- Affiliated players (AP’s) not permitted for games or practices until further notice.
- Non-rostered players not permitted to attend team practices until further notice.
- No non-registered volunteers on ice during practices.
- Failure to comply will result in coach suspension.
Team Official Masks
- Referees have been instructed to report any team officials not wearing masks during games.
- Team Officials subject to suspension if they fail to comply.
- Change room behavior is being closely scrutinized as a source of Covid infections.
- Team Officials must take responsibility if we want to maintain access to change rooms.
- Limit access to change rooms by non-players and non-essential personnel.
- Enforce wearing of masks before and after on-ice sessions.
Away Games- Rep, MD, Select
- YSMHL Centres are being encouraged to report protocol non-compliance by visiting teams and their supporters to the League.
- Local protocols are published on YSMHL and Association websites.
- Please reinforce the need to comply with local protocols with players and parents.
Town of WS Protocols
- No food or beverages in facilities.
- Maximum one spectator per participant.
- Entry no earlier than 30 minutes prior to event.