Due to the overwhelming response, we have created a waiting list for a possible winter session in January. If you would like to be on the list for the winter session, add your name by filling in the waiting list registration form below.
"Learn to Skate" is a
program targeted towards 8- to 14-year-old kids that cannot skate but want to learn how to skate
so that they can play hockey for the first time and enjoy the game that many of their friends are already playing.
Experienced instructors will be on the ice at all times to help teach the
fundamentals of skating. This program is being supported by Hockey Canada and fully sponsored by
the Kids First Fund.
· The event covers kids from 8 -14 years of age
· The event consists of 10 one-hour sessions. The Winter session will be in January 2023
· Appropriate supervision is in place using registered coaches
· Participants are required to wear CSA Approved helmet with full face protection, neck guard, skates, hockey gloves or wrist guards, shin pads or knee pads
Please register through the Whitchurch-Stouffville Minor Hockey Association at the link below and please, complete the registration form which will include sufficient information for the office administrator of the Whitchurch-Stouffville Minor Hockey Association. 2022 Learn to Skate Waiting List
· Participants to be divided by ages a group of 8-11 and 12-14 years of age.
· 2 Facilitators and 6 to 8 on ice volunteers
If you know of any 8 - 14 years old's that would benefit from this learn to skate program, pass the information along to them.